We are worshipping "in-person" in our Sanctuary every Sunday morning at 11:00AM
We are worshipping "in-person" in our Sanctuary every Sunday morning at 11:00AM
Check back here every month as we update our website with new Bible studies, Pastor's Articles and a host of other information.
New Bible study for JUNE 2023
Introduction: For what purpose does He dwell in us? Just to bless us? For us to enjoy His presence? So, we can manipulate Him to do what we want Him to do? No! His indwelling means…
I. IT IS AN EVIDENCE OF SONSHIP
1. “But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if ______ the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.”(Rom8:9)
2. “And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but ______ is life because of righteousness.” (Rom8:10)
3. “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your ______ bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.” ( Rom8:11)
4. “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God” (Rom 8:16)
5. “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.” (Jn1:11)
6. “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His ____:” (Jn1:12)
7. “And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “____, Father!” (Gal 4:6)
8. “Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He ______ in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.” (1Jn3:24)
9. “Ye are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise” (Eph1:13)
SEALED might be interpreted to mean “trademark.”
It is a sign of ownership! In ancient times jars of wine were sealed with the seal of the owner of the vineyard.The indwelling Spirit seals us as sons. “Bear witness that…(Rom8:16). “Abides in us” (I Jn 3:24).
II. HE GIVES US STRENGTH AND HELPS US IN OUR CHRISTIAN LIVING
10. “from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.” Eph4:16
11. “For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,” Phil 1:19
12. “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” Rom 8:26
13. “Now He who searches the hearts knows what the ____ of the Spirit is because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” Rom 8:27
14. “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,” Jude 1:20
Jesus taught his disciples to pray (Luke 11:1-4) He teaches us to pray (John 14:26).
III. THE INDWELLING SPIRIT COMFORTS US
15. John 14:15-17; V26, -15:26 -16:7 In all these Scriptures He is called the Comforter.
1. INDEED 2. SPIRIT 3. MORTAL 6. NAME 7. ABBA 8. ABIDES 13. MIND
New Bible Study for May 2023
Introduction: The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to teach, lead, guide, bring things to remembrance, to comfort believers, and to convict sinners. He was important in the ministry of Jesus, in the Acts of the Apostles, and the rest of the New Testament. He is important in the ministry of the church today.
I. He Is A Gift To Believers
1.” Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the _________ of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts2:37
2.” For the _______ is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” Acts2:39
3. “While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word.” Acts10:44
4. “And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the ________ also.” Acts 10:45
5. “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Lk11:13
Peter spoke about the Gentile’s entrance into the grace of God.
6. “So God, who knows the _____, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,” Acts 15:8
II. HE IS A GIFT TO THE CHURCH
The church is called “a habitation of God through the Spirit” Eph 2:22
7. “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and _______, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8 He protects the church.
8.” So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The ______ of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.” Is 19:59
9. “‘Not by _____ nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts.” Zach 4:6
III. HE CANNOT BE BOUGHT OR BARGAINED
In the 8th chapter of Acts Simon saw apostles lay hands on people and the Holy Ghost be given to them and Simon wanted that power (Acts8:17-22) We cannot buy Him or His power with money, or with any other price.
He is priceless! He is worth more than the whole world and all that is in it. Praise God forever and ever.
IV.HE DWELLS IN US
10. “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” 1Cor3:16
11. “If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”1Cor 3:17
12. Ezekiel said, “The Spirit took me up”; The Spirit lifted me up”; and then he said, “ The Spirit entered into me” (Ezekiel 3:12, 14, 24)
13. “Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us by the Spirit He hath _____ unto us.” IJn4:13
14. “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may ______.” 1Pet5:8
15.” You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” 1Jn4:4
V. HE SEALS THE SAINTS
16. “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were ______ for the day of redemption.” Eph4:30
17. “Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a (earnest) guarantee.” 2Cor 5:5
He seals, stamps, brands, and marks us, which is our assurance of His ownership and responsibility to protect us.
VI. HE POSSESSES HIS PEOPLE
A. John said, “I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day…” Rev 1:10
Berkley’s Translation, “I became Spirit-possessed on the Lords Day”
Amplified, “I found myself rapt” (transported” enraptured) on the Lord’s day.”
B. Not as demon possession-forced, compelled. He possesses us with love-woos us-enraptures us-fills us-covers us-overwhelms us with His presence.
“…and in comfort of the Holy Ghost (Acts9:31)
19. “The Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he ______ Israel. He went out to war,” Judges 3:10
The Spirit of the Lord came upon Elijah, Gideon, Jephthah, David, Saul, Azariah, etc. He Separates and He sends (Acts13:2-4) He Forbids to preach in Asia (Acts16:6) He possesses us to make us better servants and witnesses.
VII. HE IS THAT FILLING, FLOWING, REFRESHING PRESENCE
20. “And do not be drunk with wine, in which is ______; but be filled with the Spirit” Eph5:18
21. “They were all filled with the Holy Ghost…” Act2:4
22. “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.” Jn7:38-39
23. “For with stammering lips and another ______
He will speak to this people, To whom He said, “This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest,” And “This is the refreshing” Yet they would not hear. Is 28:11-12
VIII. HE HAS A LAW, A STANDARD
24. “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” Rom 8:2
The old law of sin and death was to control and discipline by requirements and threats. The new introduces into man’s inner being a new principle of life by which right conduct may spontaneously flow.
The law of sin and death is a demanding force. But the law of the Spirit of life; man chooses and agrees to accept God’s way of salvation. The law of the Spirit is our assurance of our safety.
IX. HE WILL NOT ABIDE IN OR WITH SINFUL, DISOBEDIENT, REBELIOUS MEN
25. “But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit
So, He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them.” Is 63:10
26. “But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the Lord troubled him.”1Sam 16:14
27. “Ananias lied to the Holy Ghost and died”. Acts 5:3
28. “The Holy Ghost said , today if you hear my voice
harden not your heart” Heb3:7
Some speak against the Holy Ghost (Lk 12:10) And some blaspheme Him (Matt 12:31,32) This sin will “not be forgiven in this world, neither in the world to come.”
X. HE WILL QUICKEN THE MORTAL BODIES OF BELIEVERS
29. “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.” Rom 8:11
This could mean the resurrection power, but primarily, and maybe entirely, it means making our mortal bodies alive to God TODAY! You can become a new creature.
1. REMISSON 2. PROMISE 3. HEARD 4. GENTILES 6. HEART 7. SAMARIA 8. SPIRIT 9. MIGHT 13. GIVEN 14. DEVOUR 6. SEALED 19. JUDGED 20. EXCESS 23. TONGUE
New Bible Study For April 2023
Introduction: This work is varied; it includes quickening or making alive, witnessing, revelation, intercession, invitation, etc. His work is important in the church. Without Him the church would be dry, dead, and useless.
I. THE SPIRIT LEADS.
1. “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.” Gal 5:18
2. “But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the ____ shall live by faith.” Gal 3:11
3. “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.” Gal 3:13
4. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are ____ of God.” Rom 8:14
This proof of our sonship. We are heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ
5. “…and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we ______ with Him, that we may also be glorified together.” Rom8:17
6. Even Jesus was “___ by the Spirit into the wilderness.” (Matt 4:1).
7. It is _______ of Simeon that “the Holy Ghost was upon Him” … “and it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ… and He came by the Spirit into the Temple…”
(Lk2:25-27). All God’s children are to be divinely guided.
8. “He will guide you into all truth” Jn16:13
II. HE COMMISSIONS
9. “So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went He commissioned and sent forth Paul and Barnabas into the mission field of _____ for the church.” Acts 13:4
10.” “Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning. From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and His Spirit. Have ____ Me.” Is 48:16
What a charge! What a privilege! Not commissioned by a man, or a committee, but by God and His Spirit!
But the Spirit presses hard, and to the heart and conscience, the truth regarding our state is in the sight of God.
III. THE SPIRIT QUICKENS
11. “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are ____.” Jn6:63
12. “Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot _____ the kingdom of God.” Jn3:5
13“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” Jn3:6
2. Just 4. Sons 5. Suffer 6. Led 7. Written 9. Labor 10. Sent 11. Life 12. Enter
Bible Study For March 2023
Introduction: The work of the Holy Spirit in connection with the life of Christ was clearly manifested, and should be recognized with equal distinction in the life of every Christian.
1. In Incarnation “And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the _____ of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.” Lk1:35
2. In Conception” that which is _________ in her is of the Holy Spirit.” Matt 1:20
3. In Baptism “And the Holy Spirit descended in ______ form like a dove upon Him” Lk 3:22
4. In Temptation; (Lk4:1-14) “He was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.” He returned in the power of the ______. Into the wilderness in weakness, returning in strength and power. It has been said, “Secret temptation always precedes the coming forth in power.”
Jesus preached in the Spirit (Lk 4:18-32) He cast out demons by the Spirit (Matt 12:28) And at the last offered Himself through the eternal Spirit (Heb9:14)
Let us discuss some of the active aspects of His work
5. First, The Holy Ghost convinces of Sin. (5) “And when He has come, He will _______ the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:” Jn 16:8
A. Conviction is the first object of His striving. He labors to make the sinner sensible of his guilt.
B. This is exactly what the sinner does not seek, but rather to hide.
C. The Holy Ghost is the Lord of the Harvest. “Therefore, pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
II. He Comforts
6. “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may _____ with you forever” Jn14:16
7. “Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were _______. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.” Acts 9:31
A. He knows as no other, the nature of our troubles…the real depth of our need… the very comfort necessary. He also knows the best time and the best way to minister to us.
III. HE OVERCOMES
8. “So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun, When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will ____ up a standard against him. Is 59:19”
9. “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, ’Says the Lord of _____.” Zach 4:6
10. “But you shall receive power when the ____ Spirit has come upon you; Acts1:8
A. When opposition comes, don’t give up in despair, or give up one inch to the power of darkness. This is the time to trust; to fix our eyes on the Overcoming One.
11. Jesus said, “I have overcome the ______ one.” IJn2:3
12. “For whatsoever is ____ of God overcomes the world.” IJn5:4
IV. HE CALLS
13. “As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the ____ to which I have called them.” Acts13:2
Called of God as was Aaron, is true of every real servant of God
A. “Separate me,” said the Spirit! He only calls preachers, teachers, and other Christian workers who are wholly set apart and consecrated to Him and His work.
V. HE STRIVES
14. “And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not ______ with man forever” Gen 6:3 The striving evidently implies that man, by nature, is opposed to the Spirit of God
A. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.” Is55:8
B. He is forever trying to get man to accept His way.
C. The Spirit strives because it is resisted. He can be finally and forever resisted as in the days of Noah.
VI. AND, HE WARNS
15. “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not ______ your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness,” Heb 3:7-8
“Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” Heb 3:15
16. “He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without ______. Prov 29:1
1. Power 2. Conceived 3. Bodily 4. Spirit 5. Convict 6. Abide
7. Edified 8. Lift 9. Hosts 10. Holy 11. Wicked 12. Born 13. Work 14. Strive 15. Harden 16. Remedy
Introduction: the name of the "Holy Ghost" or Holy Spirit appears in the New Testament ninety-three (93) times.
The facts clearly prove that He occupies a conspicuous place in this dispensation which is in truth the dispensation of the "ministration of the Spirit."
1. "How will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?" 2Cor3:8
He is the gift of God to the Church
2. "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were ______ for the day of redemption. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Eph4:30
3. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good _____ to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Lk11:13
4. " Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of ____; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts2:38
5. "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will ____.” Acts 2:39
In the gospels we see the ministry of Jesus. In the Acts we see the ministry of the Holy Ghost. The question is, does He receive equal prominence in the acts of the church today?
In what ways do men sin against the Holy Ghost?
I. HE IS GRIEVED BY THE FRIVOLITY OF MEN
A. The text says, " And grieve not the Holy Spirit, whereby…," This solemn exhortation lies between two important Scriptures. (v29 +v 31)
6. "Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may ______ grace to the hearers." Eph4:29
7. "Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all ______." Eph4:31
But He will not join unprofitable talk, much less in the "evil speaking." He will not trifle. Why should we.
Phillips Translation-Never hurt the Holy Spirit. He is, remember, the personal pledge of your full redemption.
II. Insulted by the Pride of Men.
8."Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses."
9." Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Heb 10:29
10. "And when He has come, He will _______ the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:" Jn16:8
III. Vexed by the Disobedience of Men
11. "In all their affliction He was afflicted, And the Angel of His Presence saved them In His love and in His pity He redeemed them, And He bore them and carried them all the days of ___. " Is 63:9
12. "But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit, so He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them." Is63:10
IV. Quenched by the Prejudices of Men
13. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies."1Thess5:19-20
The message here is treating with indifference the message of God. It hangs like a veil between the Spirit of God and man.
14. "…and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. "2Tim 4:4
V. TEMPTED BY THE INSINCERITY OF MEN (Acts 5:1-11)
"How is it that you have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord?" In seeking to deceive the brethren, they tempted and lied to the Holy Ghost.
15." But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? Acts5:4
A man is guilty of this when he pretends to his brethren to be holy and at the same time is indulging in sin.
16. "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and ______ a right Spirit within me." Ps 51:10
VI. RESISTED BY THE UNBELIEF OF MEN
17. "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ____! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you." Acts 7:51
18. "So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief." Heb 3:19
19. In doubting the Word of God, the Spirit is resisted, for the Word is His Sword (Eph 6:17)
The promises of God must be believed and accepted or the Spirit will be resisted. The wooing of the Spirit must be adhered to lest we resist Him and find ourselves shut out and away from His presence.
VII. BLSPHEMED BY THE PRESUMPTIOM OF MEN
20. " Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out ______ except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.” Matt 12:24
21. " But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of ___has come upon you." Matt 12:28
The Pharisees attributed the Spirit's work to the work of the devil, and so blasphemed the Holy Ghost.
Some today attribute the Holy Ghosts work to emotion, excitement, or the cleverness of the preacher. This is a dangerous attitude to take toward the ministry of the Spirit.
22. "And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” Gen 6:3 *(Heb 6:4-6)
Conclusion: “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.” Matt12:31-32
2. SEALED 3. GIFTS 4. SINS 5. CALL 6. IMPART 7. MALICE 10. CONVICT
11. OLD 16. RENEW 17. EARS 20. DEMONS 21. GOD