We are worshipping "in-person" in our Sanctuary every Sunday morning at 11:00AM
We are worshipping "in-person" in our Sanctuary every Sunday morning at 11:00AM
Check back here every month as we update our website with new Bible studies, Pastor's Articles and a host of other information.
I JESUS, THE DOOR - John 6:6-15
New Bible Study for July 2022
INTRODUCTION: Jesus here represents Himself as the door unto salvation, the only way of safety. Salvation must be "found in Him."
1. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given _____ men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 II.
HE REPREPRESENTS HIMSELF AS THE DOOR OF THE SHEEP.
2. "Then Jesus said to them again, “Most _________, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep" Jn14:6
3. "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find _______." Jn14:9
4. The purpose of His coming… “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to ________. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." Jn10:10
5. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." Jn10:11
6. "The description of the hireling- "But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and _____; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them." Jn10:12
7. But the Good Shepherd cares for His Sheep" I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am _____ by My own." Jn10:14
III. OTHER DOORS OR GATES The Door of the Ark. It was the door of entrance and also a door of exclusion.
8. "So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord ____ him in."Gen7:16 Blood Sprinkled on the Door Passover Night.
9. And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the ______ of the houses where they eat it. Ex 12:7
10."For the Lord will pass through to ______ the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you. Ex 12:7,23 (Safety and Salvation)
11. The Gate or door of the Tabernacle “For the gate of the court there shall be a screen twenty cubits long, woven of blue, purple, and scarlet thread and fine woven linen, made by a ______." Ex 27:16 (The Door of Approach to God)
12. The Door or Gate of the Cities of Refuge "And when he flees to one of those cities, and stands at the entrance of the gate of the city, and declares his case in the hearing of the elders of that city, they _____ take him into the city as one of them, and give him a place, that he may dwell among them." Joshua 20:4 (The Door of Safety!)
13. The Door into the Wedding "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were _____ went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. (Matt 25:10) Those shut in/Those shut out
14. The Door of Mercy Closed. "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, _____ you are from" Lk13:25 (Door of Finality)
15. "The Door of Heaven" "After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven." Rev 4:1
16. "The door of the Heart (Rev3:20) Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and ____ with him, and he with Me." Rev 3:20 IV. THE VALUE AND USES OF A DOOR. A. It is the entrance ---into the ark, mercy, tabernacle, heaven.
17. It is the only name, "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father ______ through Me."Jn14:6
18. And the only way. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given _____ men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 It has two sides, the inside and the outside. Inside to enjoy what is there; outside to be excluded from blessings and privileges. It is just one step from the outside to the inside. It is controlled by the Master of the house. He opens and shuts the door. It is His decision entirely! All are treated alike-King and Emperors-servants and beggars.
19. "Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have ______ your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” Acts 5:9
V. THERE IS JOY AND PEACE INSIDE
20. "He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love. Song of Solomon 2:4
21." Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Ps 34:8
22. "In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps16:11
23. "…whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy ________ and full of glory, whom having not seen you love." 1Pet1:8
24. "Happy are the people who are in such a state. Happy are the people whose God is the Lord." Ps144:15 V. THE LORD WARNS US AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT THERE WILL BE A DAY WHEN THE DOOR WILL BE SHUT
25. The five) foolish virgins came to the door too late "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding."
26. " Someday the Master will rise up and shut the door"… And the Lord shut him (Noah) in" Gen7:16. CONCLUSION: Sinner, beware lest you knock too late. Those seeking, knock and it shall be opened. Jesus is the only door, the only door, the only way of salvation. Come to Him now, He will accept you and take you in.
1. AMONG 2. ASSUREDLY 3. PASTURE 4. DESTROY 6. FLEES 7. KNOWN 8. SHUT 9. LINTEL 10. STRIKE 11. WEAVER 12. SHALL 13. READY 14. WHERE 16. DINE 17. EXCEPT 18. AMONG 19. BURIED 23. INEXPRESSIBLE
VIIII. The Resurrection was an open show of Christ's Triumph over His enemies.
1. "And I will put ______ between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.” Gen 3:15
2. " And Jesus came and _____ to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Matt28:18
3. "but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has _________ death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel…" 2Tim1:10
4. "Having ________ principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it." Col2:15
5. " I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the ____ of Hades and of Death." Rev1:18 X. The Resurrection was the Confirmation of Christ's Promises to His Church. Jesus promised His Disciples power over sickness and Satanic power
6. " And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be _________." Mk16:15-16
7. " And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up _______; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mk16:17-18
8. " Behold, I give you the authority to _______ on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."Lk10:19
9. "Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He ______ out this which you now see and hear." Acts2:33
10. "And with great power the apostles gave ______ to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all." Acts 4:33 XI. The Resurrection Brightens the Hope of Every Believer.
11. "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable." 1Cor 15:19
12." For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, _______ in the heavens." 2Cor5:1
13. "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our _____ God and Savior Jesus Christ," Titus2:11-13
14. "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." 1Jn3:2-3
15. Job testified-"For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart ______ within me!" Job19:25-27 Conclusion: John Saw Our Eternal Heavenly Home.
16. "Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also, there was no more sea."Rev21:1
17. "Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride _______ for her husband."Rev21:2
18. "And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with ___, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God."Rev21:3
19. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the ______ things have passed away.” Rev21:4
1. ENMITY 2. SPOKE 3. ABOLISHED 4. DISARMED 5. KEYS 6. CONDEMED 7. SERPENTS 8. TRAMPLE 9. POURED 10. WITNESS 12. ETERNAL 13. GREAT 15. YEARNS 17. ADORNED 18. MEN 19. FORMER
VI. Jesus sent the Holy Ghost as He had Promised
1. "But when the ______ comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me." Jn15:26
2. " Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I ______, I will send Him to you." Jn16:7
3. "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all ______ and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”Acts1:8
4. "When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a _______ mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting." Acts 2:1-2
5. "Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon ____ of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:3-4
6. "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and ____." Acts 2:32-33 VII.
Suppose there was No Resurrection:
a. Prophets would have been proven liars.
b. Christ would have been acclaimed the world's greatest impostor.
c. The Apostles would have been condemned as false witnesses.
7. " And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is ____ and your faith is also empty." 1Cor15:14
8. " Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the ____ do not rise."1Cor15:15
a. The entire foundation of Christianity would have been destroyed.
b. The hopes of all believers would have been blasted and blighted. " …you are still in your sins!" (1Cor15:17). Those "fallen asleep in Christ are perished" (1Cor15:18)
9. " But now Christ is risen from the dead and has become the ___________ of those who have fallen asleep."1Cor15:20 He went into the grave a Lamb crucified, but He came out a living, resurrected conqueror. He went in seemingly defeated, but He emerged victorious. He came out with scars, but He was still the mighty Healer.
VIII. The Resurrection was the Gateway to the Complete Restoration of Man (A)
10. "For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made _____." 1Cor15:21-22
11. "for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Lk19:10
12. " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."Jn3:16
13. "For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the _______." Rom5:6
14. "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of ___ in Him." 2Cor5:21
15. "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our _____ was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed." Is53:5
16. "All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the ______ of us all." Is53:6
17. "He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened ____ His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth." Is53:7
18. "Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear _____."Is53:8 (B) In the Resurrection Christ Will Redeem Our Bodies
19. "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also." Jn 14:19
20."…who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification." Rom 4:25
21. " Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body." Rom 8:23
22." But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming." 1Cor15:23
23. "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first." 1Thess 4:16
24. "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." 1Thess4:17-18
1. HELPER 2. DEPART 3. JUDEA 4. RUSHING 5. EACH 6. HEAR 7. EMPTY 8. DEAD 9. FIRSTFRUITS 10. ALIVE 13. UNGODLY 14. GOD 15. PEACE 16. INIQUITY 17. NOT 18. GUARD
Intro: The Resurrection is one of the cardinal doctrines of the Bible. It is one of the most important and established facts of history, and it is one of the most heartwarming and encouraging subjects relative to man's future.
1. "Why should it be thought __________ by you that God raises the dead?" Acts 26:8 I. The Resurrection was Prophesied by the Prophets.
2. "For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; And after my ____ is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, "Job19:25-26
3. "Whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall ______, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job19:27
4. "As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be _________ when I awake in Your likeness." Ps17:15
5. "Your dead shall live; Together with my dead body they shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; For your dew is like the dew of herbs, And the earth shall cast out the ____." Is 26:19
6. "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting ________, …" Dan 12:2 II. The Resurrection was Proclaimed by Jesus.
7. "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death, and deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to _______ and to crucify. And the third day He will rise again.” Matt 20:18-19
8. "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of ____________."Jn5:28-29 III. The Resurrection was Proved by Various Evidences
9. The tomb was empty. "He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the _____ where the Lord lay." Matt 28:6 Grave cloths found in orderly fashion
10. "And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the ____ cloths lying there; yet he did not go in." Jn20:5
11. "Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloth lying there, and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but ______ together in a place by itself." Jn20:6-7 Roman soldiers stood guard lest anyone steal His body
12. "On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate, saying, “Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, "After three days I will ____." Matt 27:62-63
13. " Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, He has risen from the dead.' So the last _________ will be worse than the first.” Matt 27:64:66 Jesus appeared to many:
14. "Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were ____ when they saw the Lord." Jn20:19-20
15. "And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the _____, and said, “Peace to you!” Jn20:26
16. "Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” Jn20:27-29
17. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen ______.1Cor15:6
ANSWERS: 1. INCREDIBLE 2. SKIN 3. BEHOLD 4. SATISFIED 5. DEAD
6. CONTEMPT 7. SCOURGE 8. CONDEMNATION 9. PLACE 10. LINEN
11. FOLDED 12. RISE 13. DECEPTION 14. GLAD 15. MIDST 17. ASLEEP
I AM JESUS OF NAZERETH
1. "Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, ____ up and walk.” Acts 3:20
2. "And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are ___________.” Acts9:5
3. "So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was _______ by." Lk18:37
4. "…how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the _____, for God was with Him." Acts10:38 I AM THE SON OF GOD
5. "Do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, "I am the ___ of God?" Jn10:36
6. "I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, "You are My Son, _____ I have begotten You." Ps2:7
7. "So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared _______, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!” Matt27:54
8. "The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself ___.” Jn10:33
9. "But you _______ the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses." Acts3:14-15
10. "Then those who were in the boat came and _________ Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” Matt14:33
11. " And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. "Lk1:35
ANSWERS: 1. Rise 2. Persecuting 3. Passing 4. Devil 5. Son 6. Today 7. Greatly
8. God 9. Denied 10. Worshipped